Sunday, February 12, 2006

little miss

I'm really struggling still to be able to see these images as others do. It is not helped by the huge variations I'm seeing from computer to computer, program to program, web host to web host. But generally, I seem to have been processing everything too flat and too dark. My dad had always said as much, but I just couldn't quite see it. I posted these pictures on ilp.com and got some helpful comments.

It is all probably related to my tendency to underexpose. These were definitely underexposed despite careful checks with my in-camera meter. I was using a white background, however, and that definitely threw me. I also think that the light in my bedroom, where I took these, is rather flat, due to the number and location of windows.

My other new challenge is to find a way to get images organized. Shooting in raw in putting new strains on my organization and iphoto isn't cutting it. My charming husband is going to blow a gasket if I don't get the files organized. I'm currently cluttering up the desktop.

I'm traveling for work this week, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post.... (though I do have an image saved for Valentine's Day).

Tech: ISO 200, f 1.8, 1/320

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT ARE THE PROPERTY OF AND COPYRIGHTED BY LAURA BROPHY. DO NOT COPY OR SAVE TO YOUR COMPUTER.