Saturday, February 11, 2006

finding nemo


We took a trip to the zoo today. Beautiful, sunny winter day in the 30s. I took a few shots of clown fish and their friends.














It was, however, a somber day at the zoo. The community's long-awaited African baby elephant birth had ended with the death of the calf. The community came out to express their support, and zoo volunteers and workers were still crying and shaken two days after the announcement had been made. There was a lovely display of flowers that had been sent and the cards children had made for Genny C., the expectant mother elephant. I wish I had taken a photo of the display, but I was so moved at the time that it never occurred to me. Genny C. and all those who have loved her and cared for her are very much in my thoughts.

Tech: ISO 200, f 1.8, 1/160

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT ARE THE PROPERTY OF AND COPYRIGHTED BY LAURA BROPHY. DO NOT COPY OR SAVE TO YOUR COMPUTER.