Wednesday, February 08, 2006

in a funk

My plan, in an effort to keep this thing moving and interesting to the few people who are so kind to be checking back here, was to post a great photo or two during the week from my "archives." I work full time, with a demanding job, and I'm also taking a couple of graduate courses this semester. So photography has to fit around the edges, filling my weekends and my thoughts.

The problem is that now that I am learning to look more critically and creatively at my work, the archives seem void of anything worthy of showing. I briefly had this false hope that if I simply went back and reprocessed some of that old work with the newly acquired PS CS2, that maybe there would be gems to be discovered or perhaps "saved."

There is no shortage of images. Our lives are well chronicled, and as far as snapshots go, they are probably ok. But geez, not up to the new standards I'm setting for myself. And I find myself wishing I could go back in time to recapture these precious moments.

At last, in my search last night for today's image, I found a wonderful photograph in iphoto that speaks to me. It is one that Nora took on our trip to Vancouver Island last summer. We had traveled 30 km off the beaten track to this little port, and I took a series of classic water/mountain landscapes, nothing remarkable, and she captured this....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT ARE THE PROPERTY OF AND COPYRIGHTED BY LAURA BROPHY. DO NOT COPY OR SAVE TO YOUR COMPUTER.