Friday, February 03, 2006

50 mm...and there is light!

The 50mm arrived. Wow! What a difference. I actually shot a quick round with Rachel this morning before school and overexposed most of them. This lens really lets the light in, even more than I imagined it would, or even that I could see through the in-camera metering. I can't wait until she gets home to play some more!!!

It's going to take some work to really master the exact focus that is needed and to play creatively with the light. All previous efforts have been so focused on a futile search for light. So this is a lame first try with the lens. More to come...



Tech: 800 ISO (what was I thinking!?!...old bad habit from the kit lens), 1/125, f 1.8.

And on a totally different front, I had fun shooting a diving competition last night. This one was rather fun.



Tech: 1600 ISO, f 4.5, 1/125 (in shutter priority).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT ARE THE PROPERTY OF AND COPYRIGHTED BY LAURA BROPHY. DO NOT COPY OR SAVE TO YOUR COMPUTER.