Tuesday, February 21, 2006

big eyes



A couple of new developments, I've created a gallery at betterphoto.com. There's a permanent link on the right (under "links" --> "Portfolio Gallery"). I'm still uploading images and figuring out what work I want there to represent me, and I'm just starving for a bit of time to do that.

I've also started entering their photo contests. I was surprised at how much feedback there is (yes, it's good to get some external validation for my efforts sometimes), and I must admit to being a competitive person by nature, so it's rather fun too. I'm enjoying going back to see previous winners and finalists, both to see the wonderful efforts of others and also to recognize images I've seen worked on and reconsidered on other boards. It's great to see other photographer's work evolving.

Forgive me that the image above it something of a repeat. I used it in the tea party storyboard, but had never cropped and processed it to stand alone. I continue to struggle with skin tones, a real challenge with Rachel as she has a slight natural yellow cast and I often photograph her in her yellow sun-filled room.

I'm getting no comments and very few readers here. Since I'm doing this mostly for myself, and to keep me accountable each week for the images I make, I guess that is just fine. But it is perhaps time that would be better spent behind a camera, especially if no one is really reading and returning to my babbling and images. Is anyone out there reading this?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.. I found your journal just recently through ILP...
I love your journal and photos..
I hope you do not mind I drop by from time to time...
info on me..
I am 30 live in NY
mother of 3 (8,7 and 4)
Want a be photographer.. actually both hubby and I are working at it together.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Capturing the heart and soul of childhood said...

Oh! I am so glad I stumbled across your blog! I followed a link from Danielle's....I just read through all of your entries! How sad about the elephant! Your dd is a DOLL! I'll be checking back, so better keep posting!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you Bobbie and Jen. So good to hear from you!!! I'll keep lugging away at this.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT ARE THE PROPERTY OF AND COPYRIGHTED BY LAURA BROPHY. DO NOT COPY OR SAVE TO YOUR COMPUTER.