Saturday, March 25, 2006

resurfacing...


I needed a blog break. Sorry for anyone out there who actually checks in here.

Several of my favorite blogs disappeared in recent weeks, for reasons I don't completely understand. It made me pause and wonder about being out there.

I've also been doing some really great shoots for work -- environmental portraits of educators. Lots of time in schools! I have releases for those purposes, but not for my portfolio or blog. It's been keeping me really busy, and as a result I haven't produced much other work.

I got a new flash (Canon 580ex speedlite), and did some quick experiments today. Very impressive so far. Much softer and more natural than the in-camera flash... and I even managed to capture some catchlights! It will never touch natural light, but it does allow me to be more flexible, particularly for the commercial stuff where time and light are very much out of my control.

Here's one of Nora from tonight...just a quick test of the flash.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're out there and blogging.. you give me inspiration to keep learning myself..

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I posted my message anonymous by accident :0)

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT ARE THE PROPERTY OF AND COPYRIGHTED BY LAURA BROPHY. DO NOT COPY OR SAVE TO YOUR COMPUTER.